In order to avoid the discomfort that can come with having sex, it is necessary to ensure that the best personal lubricant is on hand.
These can be suitable for all types of sexual activity and a quality lubricant will be able to be used if playing alone with toys, or when having sex with a partner.
The best lubricant will be able to provide an effective way to achieve a slick surface that will help to make sex even more pleasurable.
Rather than waste time and money on an inferior product, seek the best sex lube from the outset.
Top 10 Lubricants Comparison Table
Ways to Find the Perfect Lubricant
There are a number of factors that should influence your decision when it comes to finding the right lubricant.
By considering your needs and taking into account the qualities of the options, getting a lubricant will not be a hassle.
These factors can include:
- Fragrance. If you are particularly sensitive to scents, the use of a fragrance-free lubricant will be best.
- Long-lasting. You will not want a lubricant that needs to be repeatedly applied during a single sexual session.
- Quantity. The quantity of lubricant will be important and should be checked before making a purchase, as a larger quantity may be better value.
- Consistency. The consistency of the lubricant is an important consideration as it can be off- putting if it is too sticky or useless if it is too thin. It should also be easy to wash away when it is no longer needed without the need for any specialist soaps it washes.
- Dispenser. The type of dispenser that the lubricant comes in will need to be considered, as this will dictate how easy it is to use, especially during the course of sexual activity. A squeezable bottle, for example, will make it possible to be precise while applying lubricant.
- Ingredients. Due to the intimate use to which the lubricant will be put, many people will prefer it to comprise only natural and/or organic ingredients. Should this be the case, check the ingredients list carefully. This is also a must if you have any allergies.
- Suitability. Though many lubricants will be able to be universally used, others will be specifically designed for certain parts of the body. If you specifically require one that is suitable for anal sex, for example, check the labelling before purchase. Similarly, it should be checked to determine whether it is suitable use with any sex toys that you intend to use.
Lubricants can be purchased in store from pharmacies as well as other types of retailers, but they can also be bought online.
By getting it in store, you will immediately be aware of how much you are getting, whereas online you will need to check the quantity. It will also be much easier to determine how easy it is to use the bottle.
You will immediately be able to take a whiff – if it has a fragrance – to determine if you like the smell. If there is a sample available, use this to test the consistency by applying little to the back of your hand and rubbing it in.
By buying online, you can be discreet in your purchase and will be able to take your time in considering the specifications to find your favorite.
Top 5 Best Lubricant Reviews
ID Millennium is a 2.2-ounce bottle of silicon-based lubricant that comprises a convenient flip-top lid for ease of use, and the bottle can be squeezed to make it easy to dispense.
The slick formula is concentrated, so it is not necessary to use a large amount in order to enjoy the benefit as 1-2 drops is enough.
The clear liquid can be used for all occasions as it is safe for all parts of the body, and it can be used in the bathroom as it is waterproof. However, because it is silicon based it is not suitable for use with silicon toys.
It doesn’t stain and is fragrance-free, so you can feel secure in using it and it won’t be off-putting.
When it comes to a long-lasting, universal lube, ID Millennium is the best lubricant.
Gun Oil is a lubricant that was created by Marines during Operation Desert Storm, so it has all the qualities that make it work well.
It is silicon-based and also contains aloe vera and vitamin E to care for the skin with their moisturizing qualities whilst providing its super-slick benefits.
Gun Oil is safe for use with latex condoms, but not silicon products, and it is easy to use with it being able to be dispensed by drops rather than a larger amount.
The bottle contains 4-ounce of the liquid and this is sufficient to last for a significant period as a little goes a long way.
Gun Oil is a great lubricant for those who want to care about their skin.
When considering the best-known brands in lubricant, KY Jelly is often at the top of the list. It has been around for many years and is trusted by many people.
There are reasons why this is the case and this is due to the qualities that it has; these include being odorless, colorless and water-based.
This makes it a suitable lubricant for many people as it does not contain any ingredients that result in any skin irritation.
The formula is thick and has a pleasing smooth consistency that is easy to apply from the squeezable tube that holds 4 ounces.
For a well-known name that is known for being able to be relied upon, KY Jelly is the one for you.
Those concerned about the use of products on intimate parts of the body should opt for Sliquid H2O Original. This is because it free from chemicals and ingredients that can ultimately do more harm than good, such as parabens and glycerin. It is also hypoallergenic, which will prevent any reaction from using it.
With it being water-based and containing ingredients derived from plants, it is non-toxic and vegans can use Sliquid H2O Original without worrying. This also makes it safe for use with condoms.
It does not have any flavor or fragrance and it can be used on all parts of the female body.
It has a nice texture and it is easy to dispense through the flip-top lid of the squeezable bottle.
For a lubricant that is kind to the skin, Sliquid H2O Original is a great option.
ID Glide comes in a stylish, slim 4.4-ounce bottle that would look good on a bathroom shelf.
This water-based lubricant is clear and odor-free, so it does not interfere with the senses while having sex.
It is latex friendly and can be used with condoms as well as sex toys, and it is long-lasting as you only need a few drops and do not need to keep reapplying.
The silky texture is effective at creating a slick surface that prevents friction, and it is easy to wash away afterwards.
ID Glide is a universal lubricant that is easy to use that will not disappoint.