Have you been looking to spice things up in the bedroom but you’re not quite sure where to start?
Maybe Fifty Shades of Grey got you curious to try your hand at BDSM, but you’re somewhat intimidated at all the options, or aren’t sure how to use them.
No matter what you’re interest or preferences, there is a huge range of sex toys to choose from these days, many of which are specifically designed for beginner use.
Here’s a list of some of the best sex toys for beginners. We’ve included a range of different types for different preferences.
Top 10 Sex Toys for Beginners Comparison Table
What Features Make a Good Starter Sex Toy
There are many factors that need to be considered to enable you to determine which sex toy will be right for your needs. It all depends on where you’re headed in the bedroom!
When shopping for the best sex toy for beginners, be sure to consider some of the following:
- Size. If you’re looking for a vibrator or butt plug, you’ll definitely want to consider overall size – for starters; bigger is not always better! In fact, if you’re just starting out, quite the opposite is usually true.
- Comfort. If you are just starting to experiment with BDSM toys, keep fabric soft and restriction levels light. You need practice and training to build up to that. Same with anal toys. You will want to start small, subtle, and soft, and work your way up.
- Materials. This is an important one, especially when it comes to allergies. Be sure that your toy is not only latex-free but just feels good on your skin. For vibrators, silicone is a great bet that’s easy to clean and generally very comfortable.
- Ease of use. Does the toy come with a 50-page instruction manual and take two days to set up? If so, it’s probably designed for more advanced users. Start simple, start small, take it easy. You can always work your way up to crazy contraptions later!
- Accessories. Always use water or silicone-based lube instead of oil-based products when you are getting down and dirty. Oil-based products can reduce the effectiveness of condoms.
If you are prone to allergic reactions, there are plenty of natural lubes to choose from these days.
Top 3 Best Sex Toys for Beginners Reviews
Looking to add a little Va Va voom to your love making? Curious about anal play but don’t know where to start? Anal beads are a great introduction to anal play for both women and men of all orientations.
The set comes with a string of 10 anal beads in various sizes is a stimulating but gentle starting point. Simply use your fingers and some lube to warm up the area, then insert, pulling them out one by one using the ring-shaped handle. This product can be used during any type of sex, whether alone or with a partner.
This product is made of easy to clean, non-latex rubber and is also free of phthalates. The smallest bulb is only 3/8 of an inch, which is a completely non-intimidating size for beginners. This product is super strong, flexible and safe, allowing for maximum versatility during anal play.
If you are wondering about BDSM and are looking for a kit with a bunch of different toys, this is the perfect starting point. The pack comes with 4” long Velcro restraints and a 38” blindfold, all made with super soft and durable nylon-based fabric.
All of these products are very comfortable but sturdy and will make you and your partner look and feel absolutely sexy. You’d be surprised at how much arousal can be heightened with even one type of sense cut off. Whether you’re the “top” or the “bottom,” you can count on some super sexy bedroom play with this easy-to-use bondage kit.
Everything here is wire-free and perfect for taking with you if you’re thinking of taking a little kinky trip. Try this easy and versatile pack if you are interested in experimenting with different sensations and unpredictability, and don’t forget your safe word!
We included this beginner’s Strap-On Harness kit that’s ideal for women looking to offer their partners extra stimulation vaginally or anally. This product is great for both beginners and novices. It comes with a 6.5-inch and 5.5-inch dildo.
The latex harness with thong backing fits sizes of up to 50 inches and is recommended for sizes 12-28. The O-ring where the dildo fits into is 1.4 inches in diameter, suitable for flexibility with various sizes of dildos. The thong backing and crotchless front leave a lot of leeway for extra play.
If you’re curious about using a strap-on, this is an ideal starting point, just be sure to use a lot of water-based lube to start, especially if you are trying pegging for the first time. If you think you’re ready to take charge in the bedroom, try this strap-on and see where it takes you…chances are pretty good you will not regret it!