Sex comes in a number of different formats, spanning the range from foreplay to penetrative sex, and can involve the use of different types of toys.
Whether playing, having penetrative sex or using sex toys, you will be able to benefit from the use of a lubricant.
A water-based lubricant can help prevent friction and make sex more safe by reducing the risk of a condom splitting and increase the comfort level.
The best water-based lubricant will avoid the risk of reactions occurring with condoms, dildos and any other sex toys.
Top 6 Water-Based Lubricants Complete Chart
Beneficial Features of Good Water-Based Lubricants
- Consistency. The consistency of the lubricant in an important point to consider as the whole point of it is to create a surface upon which it is easy to glide. Not only should it be able to provide a slippery surface, but it should also be able to do so without being sticky as this can make things uncomfortable. It also needs to have a consistency that can last to make it useful.
- Flavor. In the heat of passion, it is possible that you will find yourself licking a part of the body on which the lubricant has been applied. In this case, the taste of the lubricant will be important as you do not want to be put off by it if you or your partner get some of the lubricant in your mouth.
- Scent. Scent can play a great part in the sexual experience and many people prefer the natural scent of the body, and this will not be disrupted with the use of an unscented lubricant.
- Quantity. Water-based lubricants come is bottles of different sizes, so you will need to consider how much you will need and whether the size of the bottle is convenient for transportation if you intend to take it with you when you travel.
- Organic. If you are vigilant about the substances that you put on your skin – and will possibly eat – then it is prudent to check whether it meets your standards. Checking the ingredients list will also show whether it is suitable for vegetarians and whether it contains any other substances that you might not want to consume.
Top 3 Best Water-Based Lubricant Reviews
Yes Organic is a water-based lubricant that has a formula that is approved by the Vegetarian Society and it meets the standards of the Soil Association as an organic item. The formula also comprises aloe vera, which serves to moisturize the skin.
It is unscented and unflavored, so there is nothing to interfere or overpower the senses.
The consistency is ideally smooth and prevented friction to make sex more comfortable.
It comes in a 5oz size bottle making it ideal for travel, and the squeezable bottle is easy to use and looks the part amongst other toiletries.
Yes Organic is a versatile water-based lubricant that is easy to travel with.
Fun Factory Toyfluid is a water-based lubricant that comes in a stylish bottle that will look good in any bathroom without the content being obvious.
It has a satisfyingly thick consistency that goes on easy from the pump action bottle, and this also makes it long lasting.
It is safe for use with all types of sex toys, but also with condoms and enables easy glide without any tackiness.
It has no taste, is suitable for vegetarians and free from parabens and aspartame.
For those who require an inoffensive water-based lubricant, Fun Factory Toyfluid is a great option.
Doc Johnson’s Ultra Lube is a water-based lubricant that is so thick that it can be described as a gel. This makes it effective as it is not necessary to use much of it to obtain a nice slick surface that will last a long time.
It has a pleasing slippery texture but it is not sticky, which helps ensure it is safe to use with sex toys and with condoms as it will not cause any damage.
It is organic and suitable for vegetarians, so you will have peace of mind if you end up with it in your mouth.
The flip-top bottle is simple to use and avoids any mess through spillage.
Doc Johnson Ultra Lube is the best water-based lubricant for those who want one that can be used in any situation.